Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

Its here ALREADY! Our one year anniversary! They say the first year of marriage is the hardest... And trust me... IT WAS... But not because we spent too much time together, tried to get used to living together, or argued and had our differences or anything like that... but because time spent together was MINIMAL. I know that we knew that we were getting married right before a deployment, but whether we knew or not... it was hard! Trying to be a good spouse to someone who wasn't around, and who wasn't living the same life experiences was exhausting! Trying to be understanding on both ends was challenging as well. 
"Communication is key"... How many times have I heard that?? Well, that was the whole dilemma. Communication SUCKED just to be blunt. I'm glad that we did have a strong relationship before he left so we could handle any situation thrown at us. If I can take anything away from the deployment and being apart, it would be that we got to grow as individuals, to mature and really appreciate each other more than we ever thought we could. 
These past few weeks having him home have been more than amazing. I can't even find the words to express the happiness he brings me. Every day is something new and exciting even if its hanging out watching movies. I am so excited to see what God has in store for Joel and I in our next year of marriage and many more after that!
XOXO
Taylor















No comments:

Post a Comment